Monday, March 14, 2011

현빈의 입대!



It's a week since Hyun Bin got enlisted with the Marines. I was in Shanghai last week so didn't have a chance to blog this.

I guess this was the last interview he had before getting enlisted...

In the midst of enjoying his highest popularity, Hyun Bin has to join the military.... On joining the Marines, Hyun Bin said, “I do not feel sorry about joining the military, but I feel so bad that I have to stop acting.”

He continued, “Honestly, I do not feel sorry about joining the marines at this moment when I have been enjoying my great popularity, but I feel sorry for one thing -- that I have to join the military at the moment when I began to have exciting feelings about acting. I came to have the feeling that I might be able to take out something from inside of me for acting, but I have to stop acting at this moment, so I feel sad.”

He said that he wanted to focus on himself for two years in the marines. “In my twenties, I spent most of time analyzing the works and characters that I had to play, but I want to concentrate on only myself for the next two years and I want to find my own world, the world of the human being named Kim Tae Pyung, his real name."

Asked about the reason why he had chosen the Marine Corps, he answered, “When I was young, I wanted to enter the police academy and wanted to joing the special unit fighting terrorism. I just thought that if I had to fulfill my military duty as a man in Korea, I wanted to do something similar to what I had wanted, so I had chosen the Marine Corps. I just chose it because the time to decide had come.”

Does he feel pressure or any fear about the military or feel his future is dim? He answered, “I feel no anxiety. I just hope that I can find something new about myself in the military. And I want to become more mature and a strong person in the marines. It will be a precious time for me, and at the same time, it will be the most important time for me. I want to use this time very well for myself.”


Biding his fans farewell with tears in his eyes

And... with a traditional bow...

And sadly, it was revealed that they had indeed broken up...

No comments: