Monday, July 07, 2008

MRT 사가

This morning on my way to work, passsengers on the train and I were accompanied by an unwelcome visitor. This visitor was brought in by an Indian lady. When she discovered this visitor aka huge flying insect, she quickly wriggled her body and swept it off to the floor.

I immediately cursed and swore. Why couldn't she just use the newspapers she's holding to kill the insect? Because of her low EQ, all the passengers in the cubicle were at risk of being attacked. The next minute I knew, the insect landed on my right shoulder. Passengers beside me (a 30+ guy on my right and a 40+ lady on my left) stood up instantaneously. As I don't usually like to read newspapers on the train, I asked politely the 40+ lady whether I can borrow her 我报 to kill that insect? Guess what? She hesitated. Yes... I was thinking come on it's just PAPERS you can easily obtain a new copy at another train station!

While the 40+ lady was hesitating, this young lady seated beside her stood up with her TODAY and started aiming and smacking the insect. Kudos to this MRT saga heroine! 4 times she hit and lastly, she used her foot to give it a deadly 'go die' step to make sure the insect was confirmed dead.

Moral of this incident:
1. Some guys do fear insects. (Just like the 30+ guy who did nothing to help while we ladies were busy trying to kill the insect.)
2. People are selfish. It's the harsh truth but it's true. We don't really care about others unless something happens and we or our loved ones are affected by it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! That's the lesson I've learnt many times over. To each his own. Our society has become so sheltered that its a rare to find someone who will come out to help you when you need help.

서울라스 Souless said...

Hey Lena! How have you been? Thanks for dropping by my blog :)