Thursday, April 18, 2013

한로친구 이혼하셨다...

I had attended their wedding in 2010. My first experience of a beautiful Korean wedding.
Today I sent a text message to the wife and was saddened to know that they had divorced last year.
Domestic violence.
She was so skeptical initially because she thought I was asked by the ex-husband to contact her.

Apparently, he had not been working and was living off her. Stole her money. Strangled her a few times and she ended up in a hospital.
I’m glad they divorced. My friend is now happy and relieved and is currently seeing someone.

I remember during my RCIA days, the priest asked us: ‘Why did God take Adam’s rib to create Eve?’
God didn’t take a bone from man’s foot because he didn’t want her to be man’s servant, or from his head because God didn’t want her to be man’s master, but from near his heart so she would be his companion, and he would love her with all his heart.

No comments: