Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unprofessional my foot!

Since the last school term of 2011, I have decided that I wanted to drop this Indian student although he's going to sit for his O Levels this year. Reason for wanting to discontinue is not because of the student but primarily because of the difficult mother.

I'm supposed to teach just A. Maths but the mother will want me to teach E. Maths whenever the son has test. Besides that, she will request for double lessons as and when, as if I have only one student. No point continuing to teach someone when I'm not in control.

So early this year, when the mother called me to start lesson for the son, I told her I can't continue because my schedule doesnt allow and distance is key factor. They stay in Serangoon North. There was still outstanding fees for 3 classes so I told her to transfer it to my bank account. She was angry of course. Really mad. And being the mean and difficult mother, she held the payment and didn't reply my message.

Since she's so nasty to me, all the more I wanted my fees which were due since last October! So I called her this morning and evening and finally got to speak to her. She told me she was sick and hasn't gone out from her house except to teach. HUH?! What a poor excuse! As expected, she went on scolding me saying I was being unprofessional to discontinue classes with her son etc etc. I feel like telling her off... who's being unprofessional now? You are delaying my fees because you are upset. How professional can that be?

Latest update: I just received a text from her to say that I can go to her house to collect the payment some time next week. Please call before I go. How vague is that???! So self-centered and full of herself *yeeks*

No comments: