Saturday, January 07, 2012

1 센트

I was very angry with OCBC Bank yesterday... During lunch, I received a call from the Collection department, telling me that my loan repayment for December did not go through successfully because it fell short of 1 cent. The lady wanted me to pay S$1 to cover the 1 cent shortfall. I told her, the cash deposit machine does not accept a dollar note so she suggested S$10.

I was unhappy because I did not want to pay S$10 for a 1 cent shortfall. Not because I can't afford S$10 but I feel it was silly to pay! Why can't the bank roll 1 cent over to the next month's payment? I have been repaying my loans faithfully every month! But the lady refused.

So at around 3+, I went to the nearest OCBC branch and queued for half hour (peak season with people queuing to change new notes for the Lunar New Year) just to pay the shortfall of 1 cent so that I will not incur late fee charges! Yes, I paid exactly 1 cent! LOL...

Going to complain this to the bank! Damn the system and its rules!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THis is so farnie but DUH... yes, i think you should write to OCBC to complain! gosh.. its just ONE CENT for goodness sake.