Tuesday, June 03, 2008

오늘은 좀 별로 일진이 안 좋아...

오늘은 좀 별로 일진이 안 좋아. It was just not my day today.

Early morning when I was on my way to work, I was seated beside a pregnant lady. Initially, she was standing as the train was full. I was finishing the last bit of P.S. I Love You and I seriously didn’t notice her presence. The guy on my left graciously gave up his seat for her.

This pregnant lady upon sitting down started to caress her tummy furiously. I swore she wasn’t doing it gently! I was disgusted as it reminded me of SMM aka SEM now. Recap: SMM had been demoted from her senior marketing role to just solely events last year. Trying not to mind her caresses at the corner of my eye, I continued reading. Seconds later, I thought I smelt the grease of MacD’s breakfast. Turning left, I was shocked to discover that the pregnant lady was actually eating MacD hashbrown and caressing her tummy!!! Perhaps yes I should be a bit more compassionate… her BABY’s hungry and she HAD to eat on the train. Next time, please don’t feed yourself and your baby on the train.

While in office, I have received yet another wedding notice! Another friend will be getting married this year end… She has only known her boyfriend starting early January and she is planning her wedding in September. This is the third year end wedding which I heard this week.

Sometimes I do wonder… are people just going with the flow; giving into peer and family pressure while everyone is at it?

Come to think of it, I started knowing him almost the same time as my friend but sadly things just didn’t seem to work out between me and him... we always seem to be driving in circles.

A friend who is now working overseas said to me ‘Good things do come to those who wait.’ Let’s hope this sentence is true and proven right in my case.

In the evening, I attended my Korean class. This semester I have little motivation in attending classes. To me, this semester was far too relaxing. I have not done a single piece of essay or homework because there wasn't any. I guess teacher plays an important role as well.

Today we were asked to make sentence for 고 나서 and mine was 아침에 일어나고 나서 세수를 해야 해요. That's my sequence! I wash my face after waking up but my teacher insisted that I should have said... I tidied my bed after waking up. *Faints* Perhaps that's HER habit but it definitely wasn't mine. I hope if I were to re-take this level again, it will be a different teacher.

No comments: