Thursday, March 15, 2012

드디어!

He finally signed the agreement of indebtedness at 10.30am this morning. And made his first repayment via TT. I was so worried that he wouldn't turn up that I didn't sleep well the previous night. I even dreamt of him and woke up at 4.00am.

It's a great first step accomplished. I know it's crazy to have a 5.5 years repayment period, allowing him to repay only $1,000 every month and $11,000 every March of each year. I have made a huge compromise and I know the risks involved. He may run away, to a country where he's not bounded by Singapore laws; he may get sued by other banks for bankruptcy; and if he really gets sued, I will have to cough back all that he has paid me so far so that the court can settle his debts in the legal way; I may need my money back urgently for whatever purposes who knows what will happen in future... the list goes on.

Why didn't I initiate the legal proceedings against him? A few main reasons... he basically can't pay. I know he's a professional conman -- he basically lied about everything: his age, occupation, including country of birth but... he just can't pay. He's still owing a lot of banks money though I'm the biggest creditor! The other is my lawyer. Always not around, slow to respond but quick to ask for money. How can I trust her to fight my case? And lastly, my mummy has recently asked me to help repay part of my brother's medical university loan. I have agreed. What's with helping my own family when I can loan out such a huge sum to a total stranger? If I were to proceed to start an action, I need to pay legal fees of at least $40,000 (all the way to bankrupting him) and I will only get back $60,000? Meaning I will only eventually get back $20,000. Is it really worth it?

Anyhow, I know 5.5 years is really long but I will pray. Pray that he will fulfill his word. And finally for now, I can close this chapter and move on. Thank you my dear friends who have lent support during this stressful period, particularly the last 4 months. Thank you from my bottom of my heart! xoxo


My buddy asked me just now... Can I bring myself to forgive him? I can't answer this... I know it's the Lenten season now but I really can't bring myself to forgive him for that he had done. I guess I need more time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very good daughter and sister. :)