Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Reason Why I Love My Boss...

Recently at work... ABC magazine has an upcoming special relocation issue, which got this particular eng-eng director all excited. She immediately sent me, cc her boss and my MD to ask if we can send some articles for publicity. As though it's my first day at work...

So I tried my luck to contact the editor, and fortunately she was nice and asked me to forward our articles but no guarantee that they may be selected for feature. Fair enough... The eng-eng director was cc in all my emails with the editor.

Just when I thought everything has been settled, the eng-eng director sent another email, ccing her boss and my MD again! This time, she asked my MD directly if there's any budget for advertising. Duh?! My MD will still come to the Marketing team for any advertising spent. So I forwarded her email to my boss and she came back with an excellent diplomatic reply:

Hi... Agnes passed your email on to me and I would like to clarify the situation regarding available advertising budget in Marketing. In the current 2010 APAC Marketing Budget we do not have spare $$$$ for advertising in this publication however - as you would expect as part of the acquisition we are looking at current global advertising spend and current commitments across both companies for 2010. This may be too late for this particular issue of this publication but it may help us moving further forward into the year. In the meantime Agnes as you know has been in touch with the publication to try to get an editorial placement.

That's the reason why I love my boss...

No comments: