Friday, January 22, 2010

좋은 소식인지 나쁜 소식인지 모르겠다...

Just got to know that my company has actually acquired a competitor firm this morning... No wonder, HR called for a last minute huddle at 9.30am when all members of the senior management team are at Bintan for an offsite retreat.

Well, acquisition may be good news to some. New leads and clients which include some financial industry big players...
But to many, especially support staff like me... we are all wondering if our jobs are safe?

I was a bit comforted when I spoke to my boss in the afternoon.
She mentioned that there's no APAC marketing team in the acquired firm. So, I'm keeping fingers crossed... hopefully no major changes after the completion of intergration process.

Now into my 4th year, I'm really used to working alone with no immediate boss breathing down my neck!

No comments: