Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Da:ns Festival 2008: Russian Ballet Gala


I haven't been to ballet concert for quite a long time. It's never easy to find someone who appreciates dance and is willing to pay for a performance. I'm blessed to have found an accompanying friend ~ thanks Li Ching!

Prima ballerina of the Bolshoi Ballet, Marianna Ryzhkina and Permier, Dmitry Belogolovtsev have impressed me with their flexibility, elegance and passion for dance. Their sky-lifting poses were just so awesome!

Next year, I will not wait till the very last minute to purchase my ticket. Lesson learnt! At least I'm very sure by sitting at the stall/foyer seats there will be no children asking silly questions, kicking your chair, over-dressed angmohs giggling as if they are drunk and mothers whispering to their daughters after each dance selection.

No comments: