Thursday, December 03, 2009

TMD!!

Words can often be misinterpreted and misunderstood especially if it's through email communication...

I was incidentally arrowed by the BD director to comment on a particular conference and that we should consider sponsoring it next year. Knowing there's no budget amount set for this conference and that the BD director hated to hear 'no budget', I tried to put a positive spin, replying if it's worth going in, we can play with the budget numbers.

Unfortunately, my MD came back with a rather nasty email (that's how I felt after reading) saying decisions should not be made without my boss, Jane who is unfortunately on sick leave for a month and that any changes to the budget should be flagged to the financial controller...

I was pretty upset... it's not as if I just started my first week with the company. Of course I do know that every decision has to be made as a team! I was thankful to receive Jane's consolation sms though... 'You did everything right so there's no need to be sorry. We marketing people have to be good diplomats too!'

How true!

Anyhow I wrote another email, saying we can explore and discuss this as team when my boss returns in January. Guess what? My BD director replied within 5 minutes with a 'Sounds good'.

TMD %&^%&$#@#@##@!!!

No comments: