Thursday, March 05, 2009

지쳤다...

This week was an incredible exhausting week with a major conference as well as a client dinner. Both went okay... not that fantastic though.

Our conference stand was tucked in a corner, unlike those facing the refreshment area. I had to shift the booth forward and to get the organizer to place a coffee stand beside our booth but traffic is still minimal. Oh well I guess I did what I could!

A director wanted internet access for live demos but no... we did none. He merely used it for checking emails. Total waste of $$. Not to mention, he kept using my personal laptop just because mine is similar to office's. I have brought my laptop for conference use because I couldn't disable office laptop's screensaver which comes on every 15 minutes.

Next, you have directors complaining about company's corporate gifts and how good competitors' gifts were blah blah blah...

The most boring part is manning the booth! Not knowing familar faces since it's my first time attending this event, directors chatting with each other and leaving me out of the picture...

Lastly, we have directors who do not even know if their clients are turning up for the client dinner?! I did expect drop-outs (which usually happens for FOC functions) but if directors can't be bothered checking with their clients personally, then how can we have a great turnout?!

Conferences are always exhausting... especially if you are working with difficult and unappreciative colleagues... Sometimes it makes me wonder... am I really competent in this job?

No comments: